C.O.P.E. (Christian Outreach Program of Elkhorn)
St. Mark's Board Representative: Barb Kahlandt
COPE's Mission: To provide and connect resources in western Douglas County for those whose needs are temporarily greater than their means. COPE is helping approx. 40 families per week with grocery items. Thank you for your support of this outreach program. It is so appreciated by those in need. For more information on C.O.P.E. visit copeinfo.org
Funding opportunity at FAMILY FARE.
The current COPE partners, St. Mark's is one of eleven churches, are collecting receipts from Family Fare or No Frills. How can one participate? Just deposit receipts from these stores in the container located in the entryway at church, your COPE rep delivers to COPE office semi-monthly. When collected receipts total $150,000 (cumulative of all partnering churches) Family Fare will provide COPE $1,000.
Direct Your Dollar Latest Information - Direct Your Dollars cumulative total to date (September): $12,267. Thank you. Keep up the good work.
The COPE Pantry is currently running low on the following items:
Pancake Mix & Pancake Syrup
Jelly or Jam
Instant Box Potatoes
COPE is helping approx. 40 families per week with grocery items. Thank you for your support of this outreach program! It is so appreciated by those in need.
Things at COPE are busy as usual. I am excited to be taking Bev's place as the representative from St. Mark's on COPE's Board of Directors. I attended the regular board meeting on January 9th, as well as a new member orientation meeting on February 17th. Just getting my feet wet.
SO YOU ARE IN THE KNOW...
• In 2017 the hours of operation were extended to 3 hours a day/6 days per week
• COPE is now offering food pantries to families every 60 days (used to be every 90 days)
• COPE now receives fresh fruit, dairy products, eggs, milk and other perishable items twice a week
• Cooking classes will begin at DC West on March 13th. They will run for 2 hours each Tuesday for 6 weeks
• May 4th is the annual COPE Golf Outing. This is a major fund raising event for COPE. There are 32 teams of 4 @ $400 per team. This takes place at Pacific Springs Golf Course. Let us know if you wish to reserve a team spot.
• The week before Easter COPE will be distributing food bags to families who sign up
• Remember COPE when no longer needing that piece of furniture or appliance. Someone will come and get it! They are also accepting winter clothing right now... all ages
• COPE is now the storage spot for all paper goods, hygiene items, diapers, and laundry detergent. Peace Presbyterian Church is only storing food items
If you have any questions about COPE or the work that they do, just ask!
Your St. Mark's rep,